We serve our global community through our social impact balance sheet—the #PlumeStrong initiative.
In the spirit of supporting two of the five pillars of #PlumeStrong—Education & Equality and Health & Wellness—we'd be honored by your participation in this year’s fundraiser, the #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge 2022 (#PSCC22).
This five-day, 650 km ride—with 11,250 meters of elevation gain through some of Switzerland’s and Italy’s most beautiful mountain passes—will help our chosen charity Street Child, provide access to safe education programs for refugee children in Ukraine and Moldova.
This year’s ride: 5–9 September 2022
Get the Rider's Guide
A little backstory on #PlumeStrong and the cycling challenge
#PlumeStrong began during the early days of the pandemic as an action-oriented initiative. In March of 2020, when there was uncertainty and fear around Covid-19, we created an internal challenge—“Go the Distance for Social Distance”—to help stay physically and mentally healthy. This was both our primary defense against the virus and our social responsibility contribution. Over a 2-week period, 62 Plumians moved almost 5,000 km on foot, rode over 5,000 km on bikes, and recorded over 880 active days (with 30+ min of activity).
In April of 2020 we held a second internal contest and doubled down on our commitment to staying healthy via our “eat-sleep-exercise-repeat to beat covid” meme. We officially formed the #PlumeStrong initiative along with its initial steering committee represented by the winners of the second contest. Through this first #PlumeStrong contest, we pledged one Plume HomePass subscription per 60+ minutes of activity recorded to a family in need, resulting in over 1,000 HomePass subscription pledges.
Today, we serve our global community through the #PlumeStrong initiative—our social impact balance sheet—committed to making a material impact across five pillars: Health & Wellness, Education & Equality, Planet & Climate, Science & Technology, and Security & Privacy.
As #PlumeStrong gained momentum inside and outside of our own walls, the inaugural #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge took place in September 2021. Over the course of five days, 33 Plumians cycled over the Alps on a ~680 km route from our office in Zurich, Switzerland to our office in Ljubljana, Slovenia. We rode through 5 countries—Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, and Slovenia—at an average speed of 24.7 km/h. Each rider and each km ridden was sponsored by fellow Plumians on and off the course, resulting in $70,000 raised as teammates encouraged each other across the finish line every day.
Take a look at some of the moments we captured:
In the United States, we donated almost $30,000 to the #PlumeStrong scholarship fund via the Ron Brown Scholarship Program, to help raise high-achieving young people and leaders to impact their communities..
Most importantly, PSCC21 made a meaningful contribution to our communities
This year’s course will be a tour through Switzerland and Italy across beautiful mountain passes with a distance of 650 km and 11,250 meters of climbing. View the course details for each stage:
• Stage 1 - OpenSync: Zurich to Lenzerheide
• Stage 2 - WorkPass: Lenzerheide to Lugano
• Stage 3 - Uprise: Lugano to Munster
• Stage 4 - Flex: Munster to Interlaken
• Stage 5 - HomePass: Interlaken to Zurich
Welcome to #PSCC 2022!
• Slipstream Partner: €4,000 for all 5 stages, or €1,000 per stage
Donate to the #PlumeStrong Challenge 2022 to support children of Ukraine and Moldova.
• The ride will start and end in Zurich.
• The ride is supported by a professional logistics company with lead guides and SAG wagons.
• Accommodation and meals will be covered by Plume as will medical, mechanical, and other logistical support. There will be a doctor present on the ride.
• If you need to rent a bike for the ride, Plume will arrange your rental.
Ready to register?
In Slovenia, we donated 45 bicycles, bicycle helmets, and chains to the Friends of the Youth Association of Slovenia—the biggest and oldest non-profit organization in Slovenia—at an event hosted by the President of the State, Mr. Borut Pahor.
This year, the PSCC has expanded to include all of Plume’s friends and partners. The intent is to do even more together and make an even greater impact. Please join us 5–9 September for an epic cycling experience to slipstream through Switzerland and Italy to support children in Ukraine and Moldova.
• Plume will be the founding partner of Inclusive Learning Hubs in Moldova. Inclusive Learning Hubs will provide safe spaces for Ukrainian refugee children and Moldovan children to learn, play, build friendships, and have a sense of normalcy despite the challenging circumstances of war. An estimated 88,000 Ukrainian refugees are currently in Moldova, meaning thousands of children will not be able to return to school in person this September. Thanks to #PSCC22, Street Child will be able to run a six-month pilot program to address the issue.
• Plume will also become Street Child’s first technology partner in Ukraine. We have committed to equip children’s Inclusive Learning Hubs in Ukraine with technology resources, including internet subscriptions, routers, and devices. This support will extend to Moldova once the new Inclusive Learning Hubs have been established.
Learn more about Street Child and our new partnership here.
Whether you’re riding in this year’s challenge or cheering on from afar, Plume is inviting you to participate further via corporate or individual partnerships. Here are the five options:
We have a lot in common with Tadej. We both have Slovenian roots—Plume’s European headquarters is in Slovenia and a significant number of Plumians live and work in the country.
Tadej cares deeply about supporting young people and making their dreams come true and like Tadej, Plume is young and committed to making a big impact across the globe.
And, oh—we both really like cycling.
In addition to powering through the breathtaking route, you’ll get to meet and chat with Tadej Pogačar. We’re incredibly excited to announce that we are partnering with Tadej, who at the age of 21 won the Tour de France in 2020, and again in 2021. He recently competed in the 2022 Tour de France, winning three stages at the race and coming through with an impressive second-place victory overall.
• Platinum Partner: €50,000 – includes 5 participant spots in all 5 stages
• Gold Partner: €40,000 – includes 3 participant spots in all 5 stages
• Silver Partner: €30,000 – includes 2 participant spots in all 5 stages
• Bronze Partner: €20,000 – includes 1 participant spot in all 5 stages
We hope to see you there. Let’s ride!
• Reach out to Jasna Mihelj Coustaury at email@example.com to register for the #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge 2022, #PSCC22.
• The ride is limited to 100 participants.
Go to plume.com
Donate to the #PlumeStrong Challenge 2022 to support children of Ukraine and Moldova
100% of the contributions raised through the #PlumeStrong Cycling Challenge 2022 will be donated through our chosen charity Street Child. Here’s how we’re helping: